As Head of Production between 2006 and 2011 Denise Lesley worked alongside MD Paul Hamann to develop Wild Pictures into a highly regarded supplier of quality documentaries including several primetime series for ITV with viewing figures that broke all records.
Denise has also worked for many other production companies on programmes for the BBC, Discovery, Sky Arts, Five and Channel Four.
She has experience in film, HD and file-based production, multimedia and print materials and is equally at home with documentary, drama, multi-camera and corporate productions. She is a member of the Digital Production Partnership setting standards for file based production and delivery and a committee member of the Production Managers Association. She's fully Health and Safety trained and has a BBC Passport.
Her key skills include:
- budgeting and scheduling complex productions
- financial management for both company and individual productions. In 2010-2011 Denise was responsible for over £2 million worth of programme budget
- negotiating budgets, schedules and contracts with broadcasters and distributors
- instigating and encouraging the culture change within production teams to facilitate the move from tape to file-based HD cameras and file-based workflows
- developing and monitoring all the systems necessary to run a successful production company
- recruiting and managing production teams and producing